What is Content Management System?
Content Management, abbreviated as CM, is a set of processes and technologies that supports the evolutionary life cycle of digital information. Web Content Management System (CMS Services) allows the delivery of business-critical information to consumers by extracting data from disparate sources. The digital content may include business records, customer service information, marketing messages (email), images, video or other types of digital information.
A content management system (CMS) is a collection of procedures used to manage work flow in a collaborative environment. These procedures can be manual or computer-based. The procedures are designed to:
- Allow for a large number of people to contribute to and share stored data
- Control access to data, based on user roles. User roles define what information each user can view or edit
- Aid in easy storage and retrieval of data
- Reduce repetitive duplicate input
- Improve the ease of report writing
- Improve communication between users
Web Content Management System
Considering the intense competition in online business processes, good content management of the website has become a need of an hour for better customer relationships, company profile and building new business partnerships.
Your website is your online resume from where people know about your business first, there must be a constant intranet (among your employees) and extranet (among your partners) flow of information to understand the business value and offerings. So content must be managed in such a way that it should be easily editable, updated and highly responsive irrespective of its format.